Sunday, April 17, 2011

Back to Studying!

I'm about 7 months from my 30th birthday, so naturally I've been doing a lot of life reflection lately--especially since I've been going to many, many 30th birthday parties for my slightly older friends. I, as I'm sure a lot of people do when they are about to hit a new decade of life, am going through the list of things I thought I would have or have done by now and wondering where the time went. While I can check off some things on that list, there are definitely some areas that need some improvement. Item one is career.

There are many people who have no idea what I do for a living without a long explanation, and as it turns out, entire regions of the country that don't understand the concept of public relations at all (and therefore won't pay me to practice it). So I've decided to switch gears to something that's useful in every area of the country and that I'm actually interested in--health and fitness.

On Tuesday I signed up for a course to get my personal training certification. Through research online, this appeared to be a relatively simple process--they send you a book and some study materials and you sign up and take an exam when you're ready. However, when I opened the Fed Ex box, there were THREE books waiting for me, mostly filled with terms I am not familiar with (oligosaccharide??!!). Looks like this might be a little more intense than I thought. Anyway, this brings me to the point of this post. I read the chapter on the business of being a personal trainer and one of the suggestions was to keep a blog, I guess for new business purposes but either way it's a good idea, as I think it will be interesting to document the process.

I named the blog Fit For Eating, because If you know me, you know I LOVE to eat. I've never succeeded on a diet where I was deprived of nachos or pizza. Not natural! So I've had to figure out ways to still eat what I like while still losing weight (or at least not gaining it!). Luckily, I don't mind a hard workout and I've been able to lose more than 30 pounds in the last 6 months or so still eating cheese fries and having a few beers on the weekends. Basically, this blog will be a place to talk about ways to do that--getting fit in a way that still lets you enjoy food. So if you're reading this, feel free to comment, question, or share whatever is on your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment